Monday, January 24, 2011

Back Home Sweet Home from Japan. . . Sayonara!









25 January 2011 - I and wife Rose are finally back home here in Sto. Tomas, San Jose City (Nueva Ecija) after a month-long sojourn to Japan. As you may expect, we are currently taking the much-needed rest, while restoring and cleaning the house. (This is always the price of taking a vacation, pagkatapos ng sarap, here comes hirap, right?).

My local contact details resume, i.e. mobilephone and my daily whereabouts. My work at PhilRice ends last Dec. 31, and I am not renewing it at the moment. I have other plans this year, but my commitment every Sunday in the Church at CLSU, and classes at ICCM (my Bible college) remains.

Finally, I am pleased to share herewith some of our final activities in Japan. Last Saturday, we joined the people of US Base in Atsugi explore the Mt. Fuji by visiting parks at the footsteps of this world-famous volcano (pls. see separate posting).

We spent our final Sunday here in the ecumenical Church inside the Base, where Roman Catholics and Protestant Christians share the religious facilities, e.g. same chapel with different time slots as to its use. Another unique experience for me, as this arrangement seems hardly possible among Filipino Christians. Sharing the Church facilities among different Protestant denominations is common (just like my very own local Church group is sharing with the Methodist group the University Inter-faith Chapel). But mixing Roman Catholics and Protestants . . . something new to me.

After worship, we watched Jonna's final rehearsal on Body Combat for their show on Tuesday, Jan. 25. (I'll try to post video clips soon). After which, we started preparing everything for our Monday flight. Time to go then. . . sayonara sweet, sweet Japan! (JSF Blogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment