Monday, September 07, 2009

Malls: Microcosm of Modern Society

It's Sunday afternoon, our date with grandsons Kyle and Jami at SM Clark Field, a nice rendezvous for those coming from Bulacan where Kyle is and those from Rizal, Nueva Ecija, Jami's hometown. Thanks to modern Expressways (NLEX and SCTEX), in less than an hour we can meet each other after texting one another. See how technology works!

Nowadays, people love to go malling for rest and recreation rather than going out in a resort or park. But like other public places, it's in the malls where you can see people from all walks of life, from the most destitute to the most extravagant; couples or lovers of all forms - those who are too young and too old couples, those who are in May-December affair so to speak, same sex relationship in public display, and what have you. In SM Clark Field, it's too common to see an old Caucasian and a young native girl as I saw one six-footer whiteman and 3-footer native exotic beauty! I don't exaggerate, folks, that is really what I saw, which I was tempted to catch them with my digicam, but I did not for social propriety.

Kids like my 2 boys are fond of malling. Why? It's a perfect children's paradise where you can play your favorite games be it real or contrive (like computer games), eat their favorite foods and watch the latest movies.

I seem to be dating my grandsons too often these days, especially Kyle. Perhaps, I am trying to consciously or unconsciously, compensate for the absence of his mom who is working in the United States. I started to feel the life of modern people as frequently seen in the malls. And it seems enjoyable huh!
Next Saturday, Kyle will play Taekwondo at Rizal Stadium in Manila, another weekend destination I never did before. At 55, I guess I need to experience these things, and enjoy life in this new millennium with 2 grandsons. (JSF Blogs)




No comments:

Post a Comment